Mini Caramelized Onion, Spinach and Potato Quiches
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbl. olive oil
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 1-2 small potatoes
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 oz. pepper jack cheese, grated or cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the olive oil into a sauce pan over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the chopped onion and cook for about 15-20 minutes until the onions caramelize. Add a bit more olive oil as the onions cook if necessary.
- While the onions are caramelizing, cook the potato(es) in the microwave until they are tender. Chop the potatoes into small, bite sized pieces.
- When the onions are nearly done, add the spinach. Cook and stir for about a minute until the spinach wilts.
- Mix the eggs and milk, whisk until combined. Stir in the spinach, onion, and cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture equally into the muffin tins and then drop in the potato pieces.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes. The quiches are done when they look set and don’t jiggle when the pan is moved. Let the quiches cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Makes: 12 mini quiches